Friday, June 4, 2010

Thank God It's Friday

Terrible weeks are pretty terrible. This week in particular did nothing but put me down. It all started with the loss of game 3 in Philadelphia. Having to watch Pronger do interviews made everything that much worse as I have never been so irritated by another human being in my life. Even if we were not playing the Flyers, I would still want to throw up at the sight and sound of Chris Pronger on my television screen. Douche. Petty. Cocky. Not at all funny but thinks he is. Get out of my life Pronger! Wow, I feel so much better.

Then came my random cold. I blame it completely on the bipolar Chicago weather. From cool to Hot, warm to thunderstorms.. I just wish Chicago could give us nice weather without punishing us with rain the next day. Also, the humidity is pretty torturous.

On the topic of humidity and being hot, I had to sit through a 25 minute train ride of death. Before I ended up in the sauna of a train, nothing went right. I waited at least thirty minutes for the bus to arrive then got on the red line towards Belmont. Once I got off to transfer to the purple line, the purple must have just left because the time board estimated a ten minute wait for the next one. After what felt like an hour in muggy hell, I ended up walking on to the one train car with the busted air conditioning but a more than healthy heater on full blast. I seriously considered pushing the emergency button to talk to the train driver ten cars ahead to let him know that we were roasting in the back of the train. I tried fanning myself with the Red Eye since everyone else was doing it but found it to be little help. By the time we arrived at the next stop (25 minutes away since it was running express) everybody (drenched in sweat) rushed to get the hell off the train. Pretty sure I lost a solid 5 lbs in there.

Then to top off this extremely horrendous week, the Blackhawks lost today allowing the Flyers to tie up the series. Does anyone else think the performance of "God Bless America" at the Flyers game is lame?


2 comments:

Courtney S said...

well at least your nails look good!!

Sydney said...

Courtney i dont know you but i like your comment i think its funny. just to tell you im Justins cousin. and Meesa that sounds like a great week!! not! hahaha!!! i totally agree with the "God Bless America" song! my dad was watching the game and that part came on he fast forwarded it! well, hopefully next week will be better! hahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...