Yesterday we headed to the United Center with the lingering fear that it would be our last trip this season. I felt a mixture of emotions throughout the day and this was later confirmed by my co-workers mood reader iphone app, as it scanned my finger to find that I was feeling restless. So much talk about Vancouver finally coming out to pay Chicago back for the last few years, Vancouver fans (including my boss) talking about brining a broom in hopes of a sweep- how could I not be restless?
Well, it was our lucky day. No sweep, turned out to be a loud and exciting game, decent people in our immediate section, i caught a shirt during the t-shirt toss, the hawks beat Vancouver 7-2, witnessed a cozy and crowded Vancouver penalty box and we Hawks fans celebrated our entertaining escape from elimination. Whew. I almost forgot the best part of the night: Bobby Lou getting pulled. Leaving the United Center, things felt different. The fans were excited again and morale was up. Sure, Vancouver only needs one more game but who cares, at least we didn't give into their dreams of sweeping us out of the playoffs.
Let's hope for a good Thursday.
1 comment:
Was a great game. So glad you included the video of the 5 canucks in the penalty box. It was priceless. As I type this, Thursday was a good day too! Can you say Canuck shutout?! :)
Post a Comment