I really underestimated the semester system. Having attended a quarter system university, we always spoke badly of the lazy semester kids and their leisure-paced terms. Well, I feel like a fool because the semester system was nothing like I expected. Going into this "laid back" semester, I expected a lot of downtime, a few chapters of reading here and there if I had to, etc, etc. Instead the semester turned out to be much more work than I had anticipated and there was rarely a week where I didn't have an exam, quiz or an assignment due. It took me awhile to figure out when exams were taking place- it was much different than the midterm, then final schedule I was used to. The worst part about semesters? It is sooooooooooooooooooooooo (really, I could go on..) long. Ten week quarters might feel tight but at least it is over and done with.
And like my title suggests, I should express my deepest apologies to the semester kids at Cal State, USC and Berkeley that I made fun of in the past.
Now that I got all of the complaining out of my system, I can officially celebrate the end of the semester and its exams. The best part of today was coming home to Justin making breakfast for dinner. He made me a plate, made me sit and I relinquished all of my stress as I bit into the most delicious breakfast sandwich on earth! Hopefully I will have time to finish our christmas cards, read a non-textbook and get some christmas shopping done.
No comments:
Post a Comment