I planned on documenting my days without Peppy but let's be honest, I forgot and here we are- 14 days later.
I have become a commuting machine. I walk to the Metra station (0.7 miles), ride the train downtown where I make my daily stop at the French Market to get my hot berry tea. The person is neglectful of the fact that the people that come to his register are on their way to work and probably in a hurry. I grab my tea in a hurry and walk a block to the pink line. Yes, the pink line! I never understood who took the pink line or where it went but now I know. Once I make it to the medical district, it's a ten minute walk to my final destination. I am impressing even myself since I don't usually do this much walking and I don't tolerate winter well.
Before we sold Peppy we made a planned trip to Target to stock up on necessities. We decided to make a trip to Target after work on Thursday for some random items and mostly because we were tired of being tied down to our immediate neighborhood. Taking the train meant that we had to be mindful of what we were buying. Nothing worse than carrying a million pounds of target bags home from the train. Needless to say, I can't wait to have a car again so that I can buy whatever I want. Trips to Target shouldn't require so much planning!
Overall, we are adapting to life without Peppy. I have come to hate CTA while falling in love with Metra. I never realized how barbaric the CTA experience could be until I found myself commuting with business professionals who ooze with common courtesy and cleanliness. I know that's harsh but honestly, it is the truth. I don't miss the crazies, the bums, the loud rap music or the foul odor coming from who knows where.
ETA on the new car is about a week away. And we are dying.
No comments:
Post a Comment