Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Grumps

During my morning walk with the dogs, I discovered how annoying some dog owners can be. We made our way down Jarvis and saw a lady with her big dog. By no means did this dog look scary but we moved over onto the grass so that she could walk by. I only did this because her dog was older and it looked like he was having a hard time walking. Geordi usually always sits down when another dog walks by and this time he sat down right at the edge between the grass and the sidewalk. The lady stopped and angrily told me that I needed to pull Geordi more towards the grass because her dog was not friendly. Annoyed that this lady was under the impression that I was obligated to do things her way because she had an unsocialized dog, I told her it wasn't my problem that her dog was not nice and that I was doing her a favor when I chose to move over. Again she warned me that Geordi needed to be off the sidewalk entirely and in the end I looked at her in disbelief and let Geordi sit where he was as she made her way past us.

Dog owners with unsocialized dogs that think other dog owners should work around them are highly mistaken. Unless your dog is unfriendly due to traumatic pasts and such, it is most likely the owner's fault that their dog is the way he/she is. If they are that afraid of their dog's behavior in an environment outside of home then such people need to consider alternative times of the day to bring out their dog.

Don't come barking at me and my dogs on a beautiful fall morning because your dog sucks.

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Trish said...

Awesome Meesa! You tell em!
The picture you posted is fantastically creepy...in perfect time for Halloween!

Meesa said...

that picture is creepy, i'm not sure why i picked that one. what are your costume plans (including randy and the girls) this year? details, i need details! can't wait to see you guys NEXT MONTH!!!

Trish said...

Well we had a little setback with Randy throwing his back out and now Sydney being sick. So decorating and getting ready for Halloween started late this year. Sydney is going to be a nerd; suspenders, taped glasses, the works. Randy is not dressing up this year. :( Randi is going to be Axl Rose and I'm going to be Slash, provided I can find a tophat. I don't want to spend a lot of money so I'm thrift store jumping!
I can't wait to see you guys too!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...