Sunday, March 20, 2011

Homemade


The dogs generally eat healthy. Actually, they probably eat healthier than we do! I have always read about the benefits of making dog food at home but felt that it would end up being too complicated.

With Geordi being under the weather and zero appetite, I decided to try out a chicken, rice and vegetables recipe. I figured a bland diet would be beneficial for his upset stomach. I made a quick stop at Whole Foods and picked up the necessities. I boiled the chicken, cooked brown rice and cut up broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. How simple is that? The new item on their menu was a huge hit and Geordi finally gained his appetite! It's healthy, easy and we have enough to last a few days.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

you are right...it does look good enough to eat :)

Trish said...

And you think you can't cook. This looks so delicious!! I don't know about your dogs, but I'd eat it for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...