Saturday, February 7, 2009

Random Thoughts

1. I do not want to charge my phone everyday. Call it laziness or call it petty, I do not utilize my phone enough to consider it a necessity. At least every other week, I find myself without a functioning cell phone because it dies. Yet, being without a cell phone for a few hours has proven to be not that big of a deal- I still do not charge my phone daily. Here is the irony. Yesterday I decided to change my ways, and charge my phone over night. I plugged it in with hopes of giving Andy Squeaky some well-deserved [phone] nutrition, set TWO alarms to wake up for work the next morning and called it a night. 

I woke up this morning with a terribly unsettling feeling. I was an hour late for work. But I set two alarms!! How does this happen??? My phone had died, the charge did not work. Now I have lost complete faith in charging daily. Why bother? When I charge, it dies and fails me. No more [daily] food for Andy Squeaky!

2. Conservative talk radio stresses me out. The day of the inauguration, I came across the 'No Spin Zone' with Bill O'Reilly on AM radio. Ever since then I listen to the station while I drive to school, when I go to the grocery store, and on my way to work- you get the point, I listen to it all the time. I do not mind Bill O'Reilly, but everyday I find myself getting in my car during Sean Hannity's segment. The syndicated conservative talk show host (as he declares) ruins my day on a regular basis. It has to be exhausting to complain and cry about the same thing every day. As much as I hate listening to him, I still find myself listening. The things he says, the claims he makes. I now understand why people who were so against Obama in the election believed the craziness they believed. And we wonder why there is such a frightening divide between, let's say, republicans and democrats? Sean Hannity, stop brain washing people! 

3. I cannot believe it is already February. Time is flying by. And sometimes I feel like my life is flying by. I need to focus more on not wasting time.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...