The Christmas decorations are up, snow has fallen and it is starting to get cold! Today will be the coldest day since we have been here, and it is currently 25 degrees outside. The most frightening part is the information below the current temperature: "feels like 13 degrees F." Oh dear God. Yesterday was the first time I had seen snow fall from the sky. Sure, I have been to big bear and even lived in Chico for a few years where I could see snow on the ground. But to actually see it snowing was a magical experience. I opened all the blinds, and starred out the window throughout the day, just so I could see the snow falling outside the window behind my Christmas tree. I met Justin and his classmates at a local bakery in downtown Evanston. It was during this time that the snow became fluffy and as I walked down the sidewalk in my layered clothing and boots, I could not help but smile. Eating pasties and cider and looking out the window to see snow falling (up until yesterday) only happened in movies and television. As we made our way outside to finish our delicious baked goods, I felt complete. This is what December and the holidays are supposed to feel like.
For those who have seen snow before or see it on a yearly basis, I must sound crazy. But for most of my life, December never felt so December. And Christmas never felt so much like Christmas. I am sad that Darryl and Adena missed the cold weather and snow by a week, but hopefully they will catch it during their next visit.
Bones has also been preparing for the cold weather. Right alongside his Mommy, he saw snow for the first time at the park. Bones does not like rainy days, but I have a feeling that he will find great entertainment in the snow. Courtney and I took him out in his full winter gear (rubber booties included) the other night and he seemed to do okay.
Bones and I will probably be snuggled up in a blanket most of today, but for those who are able to watch the Blackhawks vs. Predators game, keep and eye out for Justin and I. We will be by the blue line, two rows behind the glass!
1 comment:
so jealous.
Post a Comment