Saturday, May 15, 2010

Let the Western Conference Finals Begin With Breakfast


The first game of the Western Conference finals start TODAY! Make sure you put aside everything else and dedicate a solid three hours in front of your TV on this beautiful Sunday.

Here's a recap of the week:

Wednesday, Courtney and I decided to finally make time for each other. I blame Loyola for keeping her away from me but I suppose it is partially my work schedule's fault too. We planned on watching 'Letters to Juliet' but ended up not doing so once we found out that it was not out yet. We did however, eat lunch at Bananas (Bananas Foster?) and I was more than satisfied with my meal choice. The next thing on our day of fun included Old Orchard Mall, where like high school kids we wasted time buying nothing other than junk food. Even though we had a full meal at Bananas we opted to celebrate our day together (as well as drown away Courtney's sorrow about LeBron's performance the night before) with a pretzel followed by ice cream. The most entertaining part of our day was when we decided to take photo booth photos only to find that our photos got jammed while printing. Now our photo will forever remain stuck in that machine! Needless to say, we were satisfied with our day. How could you not be when you stuff yourself with food?

At some point this week, we let Bones drive the car. Just kidding. He definitely hangs out in the driver's seat though. Geordi of course never gets to sit on Justin's lap but Bones being the spoiled king that he is, also takes naps while being held up. Oh, and let's not forget the belly rub that Justin gives him before he falls asleep at the wheel!



Friday, my uncle was in town for a conference. I completely overlooked the fact that it was Friday and rush hour (and some huge anime convention down by O'Hare) but we managed to make it downtown for some deep dish pizza at Gino's East. Once we arrived, we had to wait in a horrendous line but we somewhat always expect that at Gino's. I thoroughly enjoyed my one slice and I am certain that Justin enjoyed pointing out how picky of an eater I was throughout the entire night. We only had a few hours so our time was cut short with my uncle Steve but I look forward to seeing him during Christmas.


Today is game day. To celebrate (and find an excuse to get together and talk hockey), we met our friends Amanda and Paul in Lincoln Park for breakfast. I finally got to eat my biscuits and gravy and we all had a great time. Amanda and Paul pulled out the hand to give us a geography lesson on Michigan and we discussed hockey.... sounds like a pretty great Sunday to me!


Happy Game Day!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Whatever! You totally wish you were from Michigan and could use "the hand" to show people where important places are! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...