Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Steak Dinner

Chicago is so wonderful when it is warm! Courtney and I took the boys (and by boys I mean the dogs) to the dog beach. I assumed I would have to carry both Bones and Geordi into the water but I was shocked to discover how much they liked being in the water. I suppose this shouldn't have been a shock since bath time is one of their favorite activities. We couldn't keep Bones out of the water and Geordi lost interest after awhile. Spending an hour at the dog beach meant tired pugs when we returned home. Read all about our day at the beach here.

Last month some random lady passed us at the park while we were out with the dogs. She lectured us on how dry food kills dogs and insisted that we feed our dogs raw meat and people food. She then pulled out a knife and some raw meat (why she had both items on her is still a mystery) and gave both Bones and Geordi a piece. Ever since then, both the dogs return to the same spot they met this raw-meat-lady in hopes of her appearing again to shower them with tasty meat. Both Justin and I laughed it off and I was under the impression that we would not be feeding the boys meat.

We went to the grocery store where Justin surprised me by suggesting that we buy the dogs some delicious meat. I thought he was kidding until he went searching and found some ranchers reserved steak or something. I tried explaining to him how absurd this was but his mind was set and threatened to tell the dogs that I didn't love them. The minute we came home, Justin announced to the dogs that Daddy had bought them something as he went searching for the pan to cook the meat on. Watching Justin stand over the oven, cooking food for the dogs was possibly the funniest (and infuriating) thing I had ever witnessed. Justin NEVER cooks in the kitchen as he claims himself to be the man of the house but apparently cooking steak for the dogs is an exception.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Wow. There are no other words...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...