Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I'd Like To Dedicate This Post to My Friends, Courtney & Amanda

Courtney and Amanda, you win. I will never not blog for a week ever again!

I don't even have a legitimate explanation for my lack of posts. Considering how much has happened since my last post, I too am shocked that I have forgotten to share it with all of you.

Pretty sure that the lack of posts can be blamed (for the majority.. let's pretend for a brief moment that I never procrastinate) on the playoffs. During the first round, there were at least two games on to watch nightly! Who knew it was so important to keep up with all the other games around the league? I can't complain though.. it's fun to have something to look forward to every night. Whether it was watching the Capitals get eliminated in the first round or watching the Red Wings lose a few games here and there, constant hockey on TV is exhausting yet exhilarating!

It was slightly more difficult than anticipated but we eliminated Nashville in game 6 with the greatest of style! I was too busy screaming, cheering, almost passing out from excitement and swinging my rally towel to snap my own photos but Justin and I experienced the greatest moment in our hockey-game-attending history. If you live in a cave, don't have television, the internet or just don't care about hockey and missed the Miracle on Madison:


I have been meaning to post about the Miracle on Madison. I won't go into detail but what I am about to tell you should suffice. You all know Justin. You all know that Justin isn't the outwardly-displaying-emotion type. Want to know how exciting this game actually was?

We tied the game in the last seconds of overtime, killed a 5-minute penalty and Hossa came out of the box to score the game winning overtime goal. The United Center ROARED. I found myself screaming my head off in disbelief and joy... not out of the norm for me. Once I semi-composed myself, I looked over to find Justin hugging some stranger next to him (not very Justin-like). Not just hugging but hugging and jumping around in circles with this man (pretty sure this is not Justin-like). Not just hugging while jumping in circles with a stranger but now the stranger is kissing Justin on the cheek. Justin, caught in the overwhelming moment of excitement, told the man he loved him (DEFINITELY not justin-like)! Those who know Justin, know why this rare behavior is so entertaining. As we trickled out from our section, Justin's new best friend made sure to give me a kiss on the cheek too. He must have sensed that I was feeling left out.


Now we're into the second round where there are less games to watch but still enough to keep us busy. The first game against Vancouver was (to say the least) disappointing and everybody left the United Center pretty pissed. Thankfully, they more than made up for it in the second game. Justin took friends to the second game and the Blackhawks made our money spent worthwhile. Keep up the exciting games Blackhawks!


Since I am noting only the most significant happenings in the last week...
DETROIT IS DOWN THREE GAMES!

And the thought of SCUM being swept is making everybody in Chicago very excited



1 comment:

Courtney S said...

thank you =). Was that so hard? P.S if I heard about that game then everyone should have heard about it considering I live under a rock these days.

Don't let this happen again... =P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...