Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pug Party


Our dog has a blog and I am constantly personifying our dog in every way possible, so why would Bones not have a party to celebrate his first birthday? I have wanted to throw this party since the day we brought Bones home. As we approached April, I continued looking for cute gifts and cakes online. I mentioned the possibility of a birthday party to Justin several times but Justin's lack of interest made it difficult to plan something for sure. Whether he supported the party or not, I didn't care... I was throwing this party.


Originally, I planned on baking the birthday cake for the dogs. But during my trip to a local pet bakery, I quickly changed my mind and decided to have it made. This ended up being a great decision because the cake was ridiculously adorable and it was one less thing I had to worry about. I baked the cake for us humans, as well as the cupcakes and put together different snacks.


The pups also enjoyed a goody bag. I decided to put together some gourmet treats, including a pupcake as well as some toys. They turned out pretty cute!


We set the cake on the floor and let the dogs lick away at it. This continued until Bones got a little too possessive about his cake. I cut each dog his own piece to enjoy. I wish I would have better documented the cuteness of the cake eating. The cake eating was pretty messy with crumbs spread out across the floor but I really didn't mind. It was a doggy birthday party after all. Good thing my floors are chemical free and clean (thank you SteamMop)!



Bones and Geordi's closest friend, Dodger came (of course!) and from start to finish, they had a blast! We were happy to also have Bones' oldest friend Lily come by for some fun. As most of you remember, Lily and Bones met as puppies and are only a week apart in age. It was crazy to see how big they had gotten. Dodger ended up being surrounded by pugs today!




What's a party without party hats? Justin was totally against these party hats and the dogs agreed. I tried practicing the party-hat-wearing throughout the week but it did not pay off at all. All the dogs hated them but we managed to snap a few pictures here and there. If only Bones knew how cute he looked with a party hat on!



A big thank you to our friends who helped us celebrate Bones' first birthday!

3 comments:

Trish said...

Meesa, you are TOO MUCH! I almost choked on my pretzel when I saw the goody bags!

Happy Birthday Bones! I hope you know how incredibly lucky you are to have the mommy you have!
Love you guys!

Adena said...

wow, meesa.... wow... hahaha

Anonymous said...

this is too precious!! i love the cute dogs and the cake lol! i love it!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...