Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Power of Steam

Steam is so powerful! Not only does a steamer eliminate wrinkles easily it sanitizes my hardwood floors! What can't steam do?

Today I decided that I would finally invest in a steam mop. I have been eyeing the steam mop for quite some time now but couldn't justify spending the money (hockey tickets were slightly more important). But now that our ticket situation is figured out, I took the leap and purchased the Bissell Steam Mop. Especially as a pet owner, I felt this would be a useful gadget to have around the house. Sure, I can clean up accidents with pet spray but steam is a great way to sanitize. The mops are washable and all I need to do is fill up the water canister. I already steam mopped the dining room and the hallway and the water canister is still not empty!

Before the Bissell Steam Mop, I was relying on the Swiffer Sweeper for my hardwood floor cleaning. Using the pads did make the house smell nice but I couldn't help but wonder if the scent was just a distraction from the fact that I was wasting money on a useless product. Not only were the pads expensive but I am pretty certain that the Swiffer pads contained ammonia, which would have ultimately encouraged the pups to do their business inside the house. Now my Steam Mop sanitizes and I no longer have to worry about any harsh chemicals or scents endangering the dogs.

The Bissell Steam Mop requires little energy on my part (unlike the Swiffer) and I thoroughly enjoy the warmth of the hardwood floors afterwards. Now my Dyson has a new partner in crime and together they will make our apartment wonderfully clean!

4 comments:

Sarina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarina said...

I deleted that first comment - too many typos lol. Here's my corrected comment:

keep me updated on this steam mop you just bought. I really want one too! Still looking to buy a clothes steamer as well hahahha

Trish said...

Sounds awesome! So exciting...and I love my Dyson too!

Trish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...