Happy Blackhawks-are-the-Central-Division-Champions-Day...oh, and Easter! That's right, we spent Easter Sunday at the United Center watching the Hawks clinch their division for the first time in seventeen years! I suppose this was fairly appropriate since we attend games at the United Center as anybody else would attend church. We arrived early to ensure ourselves an apron (the giveaway) and waited for SCUM v. Flyers game to end. All the stars aligned and everything turned out as it should have as the Red Wings lost, making the Blackhawks the division champions!
This is a bit backwards but since we are on the topic of hockey and playoffs, we are excited to have obtained tickets to the Stanley Cup Playoffs! Justin and I had been anxiously waiting for the announcement of when tickets would go on

sale. When the announcement was finally made, we knew that we would do whatever it took to buy tickets. Luckily, I had the day off of work and Justin planned on skipping school that day. A few days before tickets went on sale, Justin drew out a plan of attack on his chalkboard. I would be responsible for Round 1 and he would take Round 2. We prioritized which games we would try for at the 10:00 a.m. start time. The night before the tickets went on sale, we had three computers set up (me on one and Justin managing two computers) as we practiced buying tickets on Ticketmaster to make sure that there were no mistakes. When the time finally came, I felt nervous but we managed to buy two tickets to game C of round 1 (quarterfinals) and Justin was able to buy two tickets for game 7 of the semi-finals. Even though I tried, I was unable to get tickets for any of the other rounds. Justin on the other hand, got ONE ticket to the first game of the semi-finals. He claims he will sell the ticket but I have a feeling that he will try to weasel his way into going alone (like I'd let that happen!). We will probably buy tickets for some of the other games from a season ticket holder but when the Blackhawks advance further into the playoffs and hopefully to the Stanley Cup Finals (!!!), getting tickets the minute they are released will be ten times more intense! If the Blackhawks make it to the Stanley Cup, I can guarantee that Justin will do
everything and anything to be there.
The regular hockey season is coming to an end but before it does, we have the Blackhawks v. SCUM game to look forward to. Then it's playoff time!! Let's Go Blackhawks!
1 comment:
good luck! I have even more hardcore plans of attack whenever it's NBA playoffs time and it never works out. I landed 2 tickets to the finals game last year...but game 7 and it didn't even go to 7 games. =[ I hope it's different for you guys!
Post a Comment