Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Good Tuesday

Today was a good day for several reasons:

  • Peppy went to the doctor. He has been sick lately and I am ashamed to say that I have not taken very good care of him. Peppy has not had a bath since he arrived in Chicago and he survived the winter with a broken windshield wiper and a burned fog light. Pretty sure he was sending us a message when he decided to imitate the sound of a diesel engine. After a few days of trying to ignore the sounds, we knew he had to go in for a check up. Since there are no Mini dealerships in the city of Chicago, I spent the majority of my day in the suburb. I sat patiently at the dealership for an hour and a half while they ran
    diagnostic tests but once we knew that it would be another two hours, the dealership drove me to the mall. I was surrounded by annoying teenagers on spring break but I was happy to get some shopping done. When the dealership picked me up, Peppy was as good as new and clean! I had forgotten how handsome Peppy could be when he is washed and healthy. I was also reminded of how good it feels to know that your car is taken care of and in good condition.
  • I had the day off of work. Enough said.
  • The Blackhawks were in town. Thank goodness the west coast traveling schedule ended. We made sure to put a stop to this mysteriously hot Phoenix Coyotes' winning streak.
  • Free Tote Bag Day! We were pretty excited about this giveaway. Not that we use tote bags on a regular basis. To our surprise the bag ended up being larger and better than we could have ever imagined; especially since it was free. I can't wait to use it for grocery shopping, traveling and possibly carrying my dogs around (i'm kidding... kind of).
  • Two empty seats to my right. I didn't have to rub shoulders with a stranger for three hours and my new Blackhawks tote bag had its own seat. People who own those seats need to miss games more often.
  • We purchased something fun. And by something fun, we mean a foam hockey helmet. I wore it all the way to the car and Justin drove the entire way home with our new purchase on his head.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Justin is a DORK!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...