
Saying goodbye to the winter Olympics is depressing. I already miss having the Olympics on all day long at home. I suppose the good thing about the Olympics being over is the fact that our regular shows are back and that I no longer have to hear about Apolo Ohno. If there are Apolo fans out there, I apologize. But he really irritates me.
Here are a few of my favorite Olympic memories:

Curling. Who knew curling was so exciting? For whatever reason, Justin and I could not tare ourselves away from the TV if curling was on. So much yelling, sweeping and strategy! How could people not want this to be an winter Olympic sport?

The Olympics seem to bring out my Korean-ness. I could not help but root for Kim Yu-Na. She was amazing (possibly overrated) and watching South Korea win their first medal in figure skating made me really happy.

Biathlon! Seriously? Am I the only person on this planet that did not know such a sport existed? It took me awhile to figure out why cross country skiers (sp?) were carrying guns on their backs. The shooting range is definitely much more exciting than the skiing but how could you go wrong with such a combination?
I tried really hard to find a photo of Patrick Kane from Team USA with a medal but failed. Please do not misread this photo as a betrayal to Team USA.Hockey. Six Blackhawks played in the Olympics this year. Three on Team Canada, Two on Team Slovakia and one player on Team USA. It was disappointing to watch our players on Team Slovakia not medal but the gold medal game was pretty exciting! Sure, Team USA lost but a silver medal in the Winter Olympics? What is there to complain about? And watching three of our players receive gold on Team Canada made me proud. The Blackhawks were extremely well represented at the Olympics and that is something to be proud of.

From Day 1 of the Olympics, I had my eyes set on these mittens. I giggled at the possibility of wearing these and waving to people with the maple leaf displayed on my palms. I went online immediately to find that they were sold out. Sarina even had her cousin look for them while she was in Canada. Apparently these were a hit and hot commodity. Every time I watched the Olympics I would have to watch everyone else wearing these darling mittens. I even saw someone in Chicago wearing them. You've got to give Canada credit for coming up with such a great souvenir idea.
1 comment:
I agree Meesa, Kim Yu-Na was so good!
Post a Comment