Monday, April 12, 2010

Puppy Love


I know this is going to sound really lame but I love my dogs. They never cease to entertain me all while melting my heart with the smallest of actions. Even though they are a handful, I love just about everything that they do.

  • I love how excited they get when it's time to go outside. It's amazing how much happiness our dogs display when we go to the park. Geordi runs around being distracted by every other thing and Bones does his usual happy prance.
  • Geordi's drive for anything food-related still amazes us. We constantly read about how food-oriented pugs are but with Bones we never understood this concept. Now that we have Geordi, we understand.
  • You know it's almost bedtime when the pug tornado takes place. Every night, like clockwork, Bones and Geordi go nuts. They chase each other around the house, wrestle on the couch or bed and exhaust themselves into a great night of sleep. Geordi talks a lot when he plays and is not afraid to tell Bones how he feels. Add Geordi's talking, two pugs panting, the sound of two dogs running on hardwood floors and you have the nightly pre-bedtime ritual. Justin and I just can't get enough.
  • Geordi and Bones will wrestle and drive each other nuts but when it comes to a water break, both dogs display great respect for one another. One minute they are jumping on each other, biting and driving each other crazy. The minute someone stops to take a water break, the chaos ceases. Of course, the minute the water break ends, the respect ends and the tornado continues.
  • Bones is the best snuggler in the world! To our surprise, Geordi is very independent when it comes to sleeping. He usually lays by himself and chooses not to snuggle with the rest of the family. This works out perfectly since Bones snuggles (and takes up the bed) plenty on his own. Bones is very particular about his sleeping arrangement and he is disgustingly spoiled. He not only has to be under the covers but we have somehow gotten in the habit of lifting the covers for King Bones to enter at his convenience. The craziest part is that I find myself waking up when he needs me to lift the blanket. Justin will probably deny it but I've seen him do it too. Bones is always attached to either Justin or I and insists on sleeping on his side with his legs sprawled out and his head resting on the pillow. Ridiculous but heart meltingly [not a word] adorable.
Okay, I'll stop gushing about my pups now.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Awwww...you're a great mommy Meesa! Bones is lucky to have you! :D

Trish said...

...and Geordi too! Couldn't forget Geordi...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...