Justin and I recently joined the Chicago Blackhawks Standbys, the official fan club (yea, we joined a fan club!). We decided to email the club to see if they would be able to reserve a table for us at the Roadwatch. To our surprise they went out of their way to arrange the reservation. I should have known it was too easy because when Amanda arrived at Sluggers, she was told that they do not take reservations. Luckily, Amanda deals with insurance on a daily basis and knows how to get things done. I had no doubt that she would be able to figure the situation out. I suppose I should have been there but as usual, Justin and I were still on the train and running late. Surprise, surprise.
When we finally arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to see a very official reservation card on our table. Aside from great company and a Blackhawks victory, my reservation sign was the best part of the night! Actually, I lied. The best part was the "DETROIT SUCKS" chant after the game (Trish, we tried really hard to capture this on camera for you. Don't you worry though, we're going to the Hawks v. SCUM game tomorrow afternoon). None of us won the raffle and even though Justin spent twenty dollars on tickets to win a Patrick Kane signed hockey stick, we came out having won nothing. Even though the money went to charity, Justin regretted spending the twenty bucks.
I am still entertained by the fact that four people who never participate in the "cool" activities (like going to bars in Wrigleyville), ended up watching the game in such an environment. Our table was so close to the crappy screens that we felt like we were sitting in the front row of a movie theater. I could barely make out the numbers on the player jerseys. Regardless of the terrible quality of the Roadwatch, we enjoyed singing and clapping to our goal song and celebrating the team's success with other fans.
As if one day in Wrigleyville was not enough, we ended up eating at Lucky's this afternoon. The warm weather and the opening day being on Monday brought out just about everybody in Wrigleyville. Pretty sure we've had enough Wrigleyville for a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment