Don't get excited. This isn't actually Justin blogging. I am just too lazy to log off!
We have been having a blast in California the last few days. Seeing some family, all the hockey games (and wins!) and of course all the catching up on eating we have been doing is nothing to complain about.
We both had a mental list of all the things we had to eat while we were in California. This list would exclude anything that we had access to in Chicago. For example, we usually eat at Jason's Deli when we are in Riverside but hey, we have one in Chicago! I wish we had an actual planned out list because I know the minute we get to Chicago I am going to crave something that we forgot about back home.
Here is what we've had so far:
JACK IN THE BOX: Our first meal in California! We were starving and knew it would be a few hours before Thanksgiving dinner. So there we were, driving through Jack ordering a handful of tacos. Yum! I wish I had access to Jack in the Box all the time. I would trade in that nasty White Castle anyday.
THANKSGIVING DINNER: Delicious! Duh. And definitely not something we have access to regularly.
BURRITOS: I can't recall what the place was called- this was obviously not a planned food stop. We were surprised by the awesome concessions at the Honda Center for the Blackhawks v. Ducks game. I hate the Ducks but I love their $7.50 bean and cheese burrito!
DON JOSE: This was yet another unplanned stop. Why stop at the bean and cheese burrito? We're in California after all! After the Blackhawks game everyone headed to Don Jose for a victory meal. Justin had some fish tacos and I had chicken enchiladas and of course my favorite, beans and rice! God, I love Mexican food. I wish we would eat it more in Chicago.
42nd STREET BAGEL AND STARBUCKS: The bagel shop is called something different now but it was 42nd Street Bagel all throughout my college years so it will forever be called that in my book. This is pretty routine for Justin and I and we rarely make trips to Riverside without doing a bagel sandwich and Starbucks run. Located in the Canyon Crest Towne Center, where Justin worked, I played (I mean studied) and most importantly, where we met- it was most definitely a must. We had our usual Egg Connection with a veggie patty (now also called something different) and made our way to Starbucks for drinks.
TOMMY'S SUSHI: Our most anticipated stop. If you know Justin and I, you know we love Tommy's. We are always telling people about our sushi joint back home and compare every sushi attempt in Chicago to Tommy's. We have yet to have a super successful sushi attempt in the city but we really haven't tried too many places. We only want Tommy's. And their aaaaamaaaaazzzzziiinng Poki Bowl. We took Trish (as one of several conditions) and I was happy that she attempted everything Justin asked her to. If only Tommy's was closer. We could eat it again before our flight. God, that Poki is amazing.
DEL TACO: I know, I know. It's nothing more than a cruddy fast food place. But do they have one in Chicago? NO. Do I love chicken soft tacos and chili cheese fries from DT? YES. Was it 2 in the morning? Of course, when else are you supposed to eat Del Taco!
We still have 12 hours to go. Will it be In n Out? Bakers? I'm hungry!
4 comments:
We may need to have a Tommy's Sushi date when you come back here over Christmas. I've acquired a taste for sushi since the last time you were here, haha!
OF COURSE! I didn't think you liked Sushi otherwise I would have invited you! You will love Tommy's!!
Food...ah, so important.
JACK IN THE CRACK: Randy loves their tacos too...but he swears they got rid of their "Super tacos." Justin didn't agree. I love their Chicken Fajita Pitas...
THANKSGIVING DINNER: Yum! Reesa's turkey turned out so good and the stuffing was delicious. Oh, and artichoke dip? oh man... I have to say I loved my pie too! :)
BURRITOS: I didn't get any food at the Honda Center, except for a couple bites off Ethan and Sydney's pizza crust. It tasted good! I am definitely going to have to try this burrito next time I am there. And I WILL be there for a hockey game in the near future...oh yes, I will. Can you say Red Wings v. Ducks?
DON JOSE: Definitely not the best Mexican food, but it's good. The chips and salsa are enough to make you full by the time the main meal comes around though. I could just eat that and be happy. The company couldn't be beat! It was really great hanging out with everyone!
42ND STREET BAGEL AND STARBUCKS: I love bagels. And I am always on the lookout for the next best salt bagel. I will have to try that place...
TOMMY'S SUSHI: Proud of myself! I practiced what I preach to my kids. It wasn't bad...just have to not psyche myself out about the raw fish part...and the texture. The surprising thing to me was how full I got off how little I ate! Thanks for taking me!
DEL TACO: I almost wanted to run out and get some too! Nothing better than some crunchy tacos at 2in the morning! They do have the best fries (especially when they are turned in to chili cheese fries.)
Now I'm hungry!
Have a safe flight home.
Will miss you guys...gotta get to Chicago...
Del Taco Chili Cheese fries are the best!! Oh man, I miss Jason's Deli so much. You miss Bakers? booo haha. In n Out is always the better choice.
Post a Comment