Geords has been diarrhea-ing the last few days with some morning throw up sessions in between. It seemed to be improving so we decided to let him attend day camp. As the dogs and I headed down the back deck towards the car, Bones found an attractive plant to chew on and found himself with a weird foamy substance in his mouth. Just like everyone else in the family, he started throwing up. Geeeeez. Once he was done throwing up, I ran him back upstairs to the house for some water. He refused to drink the water out of his bowl until I put the water in a water bottle and squirted it into his bowl. What. a. brat.
I contemplated taking either one of them since everything that could possibly go wrong was going wrong. But Bones perked up at the sound of "day camp" so we pressed on.
Bones ran through the doors of day camp without even looking behind him to say goodbye. Pretty heartbreaking but at least Geordi resisted. I watched Bones make his entrance like the attention-hog he usually is. Geordi on the other hand, walked around scared out of his mind with his tail uncurled. He sat at the edge of the glass wall and watched me in hopes that I would save him. After snapping a photo of the poor baby to send to Justin, I forced myself to leave.
Sure it was nice to have a quiet house without the dogs wrestling, barking and running around but I could not wait to pick them up. When it was time, I dragged Justin out of the house as fast as I possibly could. Their report card said that Geordi eventually got over his shyness and played with some of the dogs. And Bones was the usual social superstar.
Why is day camp wonderful? Because the dogs are pooped afterwards! Both the dogs crawled into the dog bed in the car together, which is unusual (and soooo heartwarming!), and slept through the car ride.
Both dogs are napping, banana bread is in the oven, the dogs have new treats and there is a hockey game on today. Sounds like a pretty successful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment