The internet is such a powerful tool. But the internet is also your worst enemy when attempting to self-diagnose. I know this because I am guilty of running to Google the minute I need more information on a symptom I may be feeling. Although you convince yourself that researching will ease your mind- it does the complete opposite. Post-failed attempt to diagnose, you become ten times more panicked than before. By this gime, you have convinced yourself that you have a finger tumor with twenty minutes to live.
Well, let me tell you. It is no different when it involves the health of your dog. Bones (it is always bones, isn't it?) has developed some sort of fleshy growth on the surface of his eye. Anything ocular related is a red flag and Justin and I made the mistake of attempting to research possible answers. What did we discover? That bones has every ocular disease known to man, including dry eye syndrome. (Sigh)
Tomorrow calls for a trip to the vet and knowing that they will more than likely give us an unsatisfactory answer, we may have to consider taking him to the doggy ophthalmologist. If it wasn't so epensive, I would take both the dogs to the doggy eye doctor just to take them to an eye doctor!
Keep your fingers crossed. Please please let it be a big gigantic booger!
No comments:
Post a Comment