Sunday, January 11, 2009

iGoogle & Picasa


I discovered the wonders of iGoogle during my time in college. It really isn't all that special, but on a daily basis I am reminded of how convenient the internet can make my life seem. Every morning I wake up, open my laptop and find my way onto Safari. My homepage, iGoogle, greets me with the weather, my calendar, email, the news and most importantly, a Stephen Colbert quote of the day. There is no need for me to waste time going to different websites to find out everything I feel I need to prepare myself for the upcoming day. iGoogle has it ready for me all together, and at once. As though the convenient aspect of iGoogle isn't enough, it can also be incredibly cute. When I first started using iGoogle, the themes available were very limited. They now have such a large selection that I often struggle to pick just one. I took an actual screen shot of my iGoogle, and as you can see I currently have some sort of space theme. 


Google never ceases to amaze me. My friend Sarina introduced me to Picasa, a photo organizing and editing application owned by Google. Because I just discovered Picasa today, I have yet to discover its full potential. But I am certain that Picasa and I will be spending a lot of time uploading and editing photos together in the future. The screen shot shown is the application I downloaded onto my laptop. I was able to transfer my photos from iPhoto and upload them (much quicker than Photobucket or Flickr) onto the internet. And because it is google-owned, it also makes uploading photos onto Blogger much easier! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...