Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wii #2

This entire week, Justin has been listening to nothing but Animal Collective. In hopes of finding sold out tickets for the Animal Collective show (which was last night at the Troubadour), both Justin and I checked eBay and craigslist religiously. Oringinally, I wanted to buy three tickets for Justin, our friend Keith and myself for Justin's Chrismtas present, but arrangements with a seller fell through and tickets became much harder to find than anticipated. Up until six last night, I remained hopeful and persistant. With the show out of reach, we decided to splurge our ticket money on something a bit different. We bought our [second] Nintendo Wii.

When the Wii first came out, Justin was one of the first people to own one. The picture of Justin opening the Wii is from the beginning of our first-ever Wii experience. I recall all our friends wanting to come over to play the newly released Wii. We even held a successful Wii Party! For a period of time, we played non-stop. Once Justin moved to Santa Barbara, we decided to let Ethan (his little brother) take charge of the Wii and we had forgotten about the glitz and glamour of the Wii.

Then, Wii Fit came out. And I really wanted to play. Not only did we not have a Wii, but Wii Fit became impossible to find. But one random day, we stumbled upon ONE available Wii Fit at the UCSB Bookstore. This became quite the dilemma. We did not have a Wii, but we wanted to play Wii Fit. We could wait, buy a Wii and then buy Wii Fit, but we knew how difficult it was to find a Wii Fit. I will admit, Justin fought me on this one, but I could not overcome the urge. I bought Wii Fit, carried it around campus like a [thrilled] loser and put it away in hopes of playing it very soon. 

That was at least six months ago. It was weird doing things all over again. Buying the controllers, thinking about rechargeable batteries, re-making our Mii characters. Complete deja vu! Justin began setting up the Wii and I went to search for the long lost Wii Fit. We played until 2:00 am and played again as soon as we woke up. We have to make up for two years of not having a Wii!

Pure excitement.
Justin doing a push-up
My brother doing the exercise completely wrong!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Trish said...

Oh, I am SO jealous! I wanted a Wii Fit for Christmas, but Randy couldn't find one anywhere. We bought our Wii on Ebay, and he swore he would not purchase Wii Fit on there and spend WAY more $$ than it is in stores.

But I want one!!

Soooo....how is it? Does it tell you how much you way and if you need to lose weight? I hear it tells you things you don't want to hear at times!

HAHA! I'm sure it would tell me "Uh...you need to get on this Wii Fit and not get off."

Trish said...

I can't believe I made the mistake of spelling "weigh" w-a-y.

UGH. I couldn't edit so I disclaim my mistake here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...