My drink at Starbucks has remained unchanged for over two years. Grande-iced-green tea-with two pumps of melon. My preference for exactly two pumps of melon syrup developed from a combination of trying different amounts of syrup along with Justin's initial nagging about how sweet my drink was. The two pumps of melon syrup is the reason I love iced tea at Starbucks. Not even the chilly winter weather could keep me from my thirst quenching melon-y green tea.Justin and I went to Starbucks tonight before walking to Borders to study. We walked up to the counter, Justin ordered his drink and I proceeded to order mine. As I finished my order, I reached for my wallet and heard the most shocking and horrifying news imaginable: Starbucks has discontinued the melon syrup! (NOOOOO!!) At first, I thought she was saying they were out of melon syrup. This would have been disappointing but a bearable situation. Now I will have to re-start my search for the perfect drink. In hopes that it was only being discontinued at certain stores, I turned to google to find out the truth behind the melon drama. Sadly, my fears have been confirmed as other fellow melon syrup-lovers are also crying over the terrible loss.
If I would have known that my grande-iced-green tea-with two pumps of melon last week in Riverside would have been my last, I would have enjoyed it more, and would have returned for multiple refills. I would have done things so differently. Oh, the regrets!
My Apple Chai Infusion is incredibly unsatisfying. I miss you, melon syrup.
(wow, this blog is really pathetic) :)
2 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss Meesa! And I do not say that facetiously at all.
I would just DIE if they took away my favorite Banana Berry Smoothie at Jamba Juice. (Although I haven't ordered one in a long time!)
Maybe it's time to put your blogging/writing skills to work and write Starbucks a much-needed letter.
Get going...get that 2 pumps of melon back again.
they had melon syrup? wow, i had no idea. perhaps if they had properly advertised it, those melons would still have a home at starbucks.
Post a Comment