Monday, July 26, 2010

Puck Daddy Acknowledgement

There you have it folks, two blogs in a row.

Just when I thought all thing Blackhawks related that could possibly happen to me had happened, I saw this:



While Justin was in California, he sent me an email about a last minute contest Puck Daddy was having. The blog called for the oddest Chicago Blackhawks memorabilia where the grand prize winner would win two VIP tickets to the premier of the new Blackhawks DVD. Included in Justin's email was explicit directions on exactly what I should send in,

"Send them a picture of the ceiling of the United Center from the Conference Finals clincher."

I can't recall if I ever blogged about the United Center ceiling but considering the fact that it was the during a very busy time of the year (and by busy, I mean [the Blackhawks being] busy winning hockey games), it is likely that I did not get around to posting. Long story short, the Blackhawks won the conference finals and when we looked behind us, we were surprised to find fans ripping down the ceiling in excitement. We did not join in on such festivities but I made sure to grab myself a nice piece of the ceiling off the ground. For myself and for the only other person I knew that would appreciate it as much as I did, Amanda.

Knowing that we had an odd memorabilia in our hands, Justin set me up for yet another Blackhawks-fan-accomplishment. I asked him to write the summary but he never responded to email. In a desperate attempt to meet the contest deadline, I wrote the most generic and pathetic three sentences. To my embarrassment, I was quoted on the biggest internet hockey blog:


Turns out, our piece of the ceiling was quirky enough to be mentioned on Puck Daddy's blog. Amanda had called me at work and got my manager. I was sitting at the desk next to my manager when I glanced over my shoulder and saw that she was looking at some sort of hockey blog. Odd. Why is she looking at a hockey blog? It only took me another second to realize that she was looking at my photo! I immediately squealed with joy asking if I had won, only to find out that I had not. Boo.

Even though the ceiling was not cool enough for a prize, it was prize enough to have been mentioned on a sports blog such as Puck Daddy. You like how he basically copyrighted my photo?

Read the entire article here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...