Monday, January 31, 2011

Better Late Than Never

The worst part of putting up a Christmas tree is having to take it down. How long is too long before having your Christmas tree still up is considered tacky? I am certain that our tree has overstayed its welcome. But having seen trees lit in other people's windows assures me that I am not alone. Justin has been asking me to take down the tree but the thought of having to break the tree down, box everything up and take it downstairs to the storage has kept me from ending the holiday beauty once and for all. Oh, and then there was the fact that I had not taken any holiday photos (particularly of the dogs). In the back of my mind, there was no way the tree was coming down until I got around to snapping some photos.

Finally, as February crept around the corner, I snapped a few photos of our tree. The tree was pretty bare this year because I failed to find an entire box of my red and green pear ornaments. The newest members of our holiday decor included the Blackhawks ornament, a handful of fake acorns and Geordi's stocking.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This ornament always reminds me of Bonni.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And of course, it wouldn't be a holiday photo shoot without torturing the dogs a little. Bones was pretty cooperative but Geordi wanted nothing to do with the belated holiday fun.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Trish said...

I would by dying if my Christmas tree was still up! Bones is getting so big!! Randy would LOVE that Blackhawks ornament! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...