Friday, September 4, 2009

Prune Juice

The most interesting part of living in a new city is without question, the people. Justin claims that one night while he was walking bones, he saw three girls walking around in their bikinis. Today, we were randomly asked about the process and effectiveness of diluting prune juice as if we were prune experts.

Justin and I were walking Bones when a twenty-something year old guy from somewhere behind us asked if Bones was a Chihuahua. We were both offended as we reluctantly answered "no, he's a pug." He then walked beside us and the most random conversation with a stranger began.

Guy: I've never seen that kind of dog so small.

Justin: Yah, he's a puppy.

Guy: Still, never seen one of them so small. Hey, do you know if I should dilute prune juice with water?

Us (totally caught off guard): uhm..

Guy: I just want to drink some prune juice because you know, they say .. (rubs his stomach)... It's hard carrying around a load in your stomach.

Us: (polite chuckle)

Meesa: I know you dilute pomegranate juice?

Guy: You know, they say you can't drink more than one glass of prune juice or something. If you drink that stuff straight, its like drinking alcohol.

Meesa: Yah, you should dilute the prune juice.

Guy: How much, I mean how old is your dog? They say that small dogs are more expensive than big dogs. Like their shots cost more.

Justin: ..their shots? No, I dont think so.

Guy: Because if I were to get a dog, I want to have options.

Justin: I guess if you live in an apartment, a smaller dog is better. Bigger dogs need to run around a lot more and they can't do that in an apartment.

Guy: Yah, because if I were to get a dog.. They say big dogs cost more than small dogs? (!!!!!??)

Meesa: I just think smaller dogs often cost more to maintain.

Guy: Yah, so you think I should dilute the prune juice? I was going to do that. I get my food stamps today. So I shouldn't drink more than one glass a day, right?

Meesa: Uh, yah. Try 85% prune juice...

Guy: .. and 25% or I mean, 15% water.

Meesa: Yah.

Justin: Or you should just dilute it to whatever you can handle.

Guy: You're right, I shouldn't drink more than one glass of prune juice a day. It's like eating a lot of bananas. You get so much potassium, that you lose potassium.

Us: (Shake our heads) uh.. yah.

Guy: Alright, ya'll have a nice day. (the guy finally leaves)

Meesa to Justin: Who seriously asks some random person about prune juice? We basically had a conversation about that guy being plugged up! ... I can't wait to blog about this.

Gotta love Chicago!

2 comments:

Trish said...

How random!!! The guy evidently had a mental issue. Sounds like he was going back and forth discussing whatever was in his brain at the moment.

And seeing 3 girls walking around in Bikinis in Chicago is kinda strange...a regular thing here in CA....but then again, do you think Justin was truly bothered by it? I know Randy wouldn't be! :)

Rees said...

Way to Funny!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...