Justin has been approved for funding to attend a conference in Shanghai in October! Basically, he is traveling to Shanghai for FREE! Sometimes I envy the fact that everything (in relation to school) is fully funded (free) for Justin, but I have to remember that technically, for me, all this comes at way too high a cost. Spend years and years studying physics for free tuition and free trips to awesome places? PASS. Not worth it! It is my belief that anyone who studies physics, especially at a graduate level or higher deserves free everything! I know that if my friend Sarina is reading this, she would agree.
As far as what the conference is about, I have no idea. Something about galactic centers? If you are really curious, make sure to ask Justin. Apparently, he will be busy in the upcoming weeks working on posters and collecting data. And if you have walked through any science-based department at a university, you know what kind of posters I am talking about. I have always admired the gibberish written on those posters as I walked through buildings and now I can proudly say that my boyfriend will have his name displayed on a poster that will at some point confuse another poor individual such as myself.
Congratulations Justin! And hopefully all the trips to the post office pays off and you get your passport in time!
1 comment:
hahaha anyone who has mastered a high level of physics simply cannot be human! Yeah I said it. Justin is part droid. I am jealous though that he gets to work on one of those crazy posters. Maybe if we work hard enough we could be in that position and have our poster in some building? Maybe.
and are you going to Shanghai too? and you're right..I would much rather work a few months at a Taco Bell for enough $ for a vacation than study PHYSICS. That's more painful!
Post a Comment