Remember the huge board game phase Justin went through? Well, it's back.. sort of. Towards the end of our time in Santa Barbara, we found less and less time to play. I blame that on Justin and Alex studying, me working, trying to decide where in Isla Vista to eat and our daily Star Trek watching. To be honest, I was secretly thrilled that Justin would no longer be investing more money into these board games and that I would never have to see or play 'Puerto Rico' ever again!
After being board-game-free for several months, I am beginning to see the spark return. Not so much in myself, but in Justin. We now have friends who come over to participate in game night which makes it a lot more fun. Justin has won both games we've played and it is my theory that he is somehow cheating. The best part of game night is that the physics talk subsides. I have allowed my worst nightmare to come true.. I am surrounded my physics grad students, minus Courtney!
Joe and Courtney
Those who have played board games with Justin know how it goes. Justin still falls into his serious mode but now he has several others giving him valid competition. I am starting to believe that Justin has secretly trained Bones to play tug-of war with Joe's sock in order to break his concentration. May usually ends up playing with Bones and Courtney and I are usually watching TV. Regardless of who wins, never pays attention or loses, game night is fun and I look forward to our next one.
Justin's intensity and Courtney focusing her attention on TLC
2 comments:
I miss you guys so much, I'd even endure Puerto Rico if it meant being able to spend time with you.
:(
By the way, Justin? I'm still awaiting my Shanghai postcard or some other small memento...hasn't arrived yet. ;)
Were you guys watching "Flowers Uncut" on TLC? Just a hunch, my wedding addict friend haha
Post a Comment