Sunday, November 15, 2009

Origami

ORIGAMI
(o·ri·ga·mi)

1. The art or process, originating in Japan, of folding paper into shapes representing flowers and birds, for example.
2. A decorative object made by folding paper.
3. An activity Courtney and Meesa are not good at


As noted in the definition above, origami originated in Japan. Although I am not Japanese, I am Korean and we figured that was close enough. Both Courtney and I assumed my "inherited" origami skills would help make our attempt at origami a relaxing and fun experience. We were SO wrong.

We attempted things like flowers, peacocks, goldfish, sumo wrestlers and a Christmas tree. Even with the help of animated instructions, we managed to become really frustrated and thus unsuccessful in creating quality origami.


Believe it or not, this is supposed to be a Christmas tree. This might be acceptable if we were in kindergarten.


Try not to be distracted by the fins on our fish. Were we supposed to staple the fin? OF COURSE! Who doesn't use staples when doing origami?

Courtney-San and I proudly displaying our origami.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...