Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pug Heaven

We took Bones to his first pug meetup on Sunday. I planned on going for weeks, but taking public transportation to get to the location would have been difficult. Luckily, Peppy arrived on Saturday night and we were able to drive to the meetup. Up until the last minute, we were not sure if Justin would be able to go. He has been swamped with work as usual, but in the end he decided to come along and I am so happy that he did.

I love any form of event or activity for Bones. The meetup was at a huge play area inside a doggy hotel. We arrived to find tons of other pugs running around and the minute we let Bones off his leash, the fun began! It was hard keeping track of Bones among the 40+ pugs and Justin and I would find ourselves asking each other about the whereabouts of our little Bones. Slowly but surely, the number of pugs sitting out, laying down and panting increased and less dogs were running around. Aside from several water breaks, Bones pressed on and rarely came to us for a break. Needless to say, Bones was sad when it came time to leave but he was exhausted. I wish I could take Bones to interact with pugs on a daily basis. It is so unbelievably fun for him and a great socializing opportunity for our (not-so-young) pup. If you want to read about the meetup and see videos visit Bones' blog.

We are excited for Adena and Darryl's arrival this weekend and can only hope that the rain ends when they get here! And thank goodness for Peppy... we are saving a lot of time by not taking the train to the airport!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...