
Several months ago, Justin brought up his desire to watch some of the Star Trek (the original series) episodes. Justin apparently watched them as a kid, and to be honest, I did not believe him. I assumed he was just jumping on the Star Trek bandwagon because of the upcoming film. The first few episodes were forced upon me and not enjoyable. I continued to express my preference for Firefly episodes instead, but Justin persisted and I continued to watch the corny acting, fight scenes and costumes. Before I knew it, I began to enjoy the terribly choreographed fight scenes and I became highly entertained by the cheesy acting and effects. We began setting all other things aside, and any moment of our free time was devoted to Star Trek. We finished season one, and we are several episodes into season two. Regardless of the similarities of the situations Captain Kirk seems to face with every episode, I have not grown bored of this ancient television show. Midway through watching Star Trek, I discovered that Captain Kirk (William Shatner) is actually the PRICELINE NEGOTIATOR!! Age is a scary scary thing.


My friend Sarina has already expressed her concern for my new found obsession with Star Trek. I am slowly starting to fear my own obsession as I have spent countless hours looking for Star Trek apparel, have been reading news articles about the upcoming movie, and have looked up wikipedia entries on the main characters in their real life. I was deeply saddened to find out that Dr. McCoy and Scotty are no longer living.
I went to Urban Outfitters and found myself a Star Trek shirt. It has the landing party, and japanese characters. I am considering verifying what it says before I wear it out in public. As dorky as it may sound, I hope to wear my shirt to the movie which comes out in 2 days!!!!!! Justin claims we will not be watching the new movie until we complete thirty-something more episodes. I am certain that I cannot wait that long and I strongly believe that my persistence in bothering him will lead to watching the movie much sooner than Justin believes. Hopefully this weekend!
I went to Urban Outfitters and found myself a Star Trek shirt. It has the landing party, and japanese characters. I am considering verifying what it says before I wear it out in public. As dorky as it may sound, I hope to wear my shirt to the movie which comes out in 2 days!!!!!! Justin claims we will not be watching the new movie until we complete thirty-something more episodes. I am certain that I cannot wait that long and I strongly believe that my persistence in bothering him will lead to watching the movie much sooner than Justin believes. Hopefully this weekend!
4 comments:
FIREFLY is the best scifi space show! Dont convert
i'm still concerned about this star trek business.
I can't believe how many post you have since I looked last.
Justin has always been like that Meesa, once he starts something thats all there is until something else comes along.
Love you Guys,
Reesa
I have to say I have never been a Treckie...and I've watched very few episodes.
When you get into something, you sure go all out! Just like Justin. You guys are the perfect match.
Have fun trekking it up!
Love and Miss you!
Post a Comment