This weekend I watched a friend graduate from college and another friend get married.
When did life happen so fast, and when did I get so old?
Kathy and I have only been friends for a year but it often feels like we have known each other a lifetime. Who knew an obsession with buying sunglasses at an optical boutique could lead to the discovery of a wonderful friendship? Apparently, my grandma knew Kathy when she was a little girl. Thich most likely means that Kathy and I had to have encountered each other at some point in our childhood. Fate? I think so.
Kathy attended my graduation last year and I understand the misery she may have felt while sitting in the scorching heat to hear my name be called for two seconds! Regardless, I would not have missed Kathy's graduation for the world. Congrats KK!
Kathy attended my graduation last year and I understand the misery she may have felt while sitting in the scorching heat to hear my name be called for two seconds! Regardless, I would not have missed Kathy's graduation for the world. Congrats KK!


Ryan and I met our first year of college. We lived together in the dorms and there aren't many memories from the dorms without Ryan in them. Ryan, Aimee and I were the best of friends and without the memories of spongebob, the creepy frog Ryan gave me for my 19th birthday, bowling pins, Professor Gerhard Giertz and sweater sketching, I would not have enjoyed college as much as I did. Ryan is the first one of my friends to get married, and it is hard to believe that any of us could have grown up so fast.


I took very few (and not to mention, terrible) photos, but the wedding was beautiful and I am thrilled to have been able to support a wonderful friend on his wedding day. I am certain that Ryan and Alysha will have a wonderful future together and wish them all the best!
The weekend was hectic, I got sunburned and I drove Peppy hundreds of miles but it was a great reminder of old and new friendships, progress and the frightening reality of becoming adults.
No comments:
Post a Comment