Sunday, August 16, 2009

Paint

It's been awhile since my last post, so here is my attempt to catch up! My stuff finally arrived last week via U-Pack and I am thrilled to have everything I need! The shipment of my stuff included my new Dyson vacuum which I have already used to clean the kitchen. Because Justin and I are still organizing and I am unpacking my recent delivery of stuff, I have not been able to use the vacuum throughout the entire place. I will stop with my newly discovered vacuum obsession because I am certain that you are not here to read about my Dyson!



Justin and I started painting the [currently baby blue] office. As I expected, he began having doubts about the new color even before we made it out of Lowes. To be fair, it is much more purple than the sample we saw, but after three coats, the color is looking much better. If you are disgusted by the color in the photo, that was only the first coat! Justin already has his bookshelves built and now that the one wall is semi-complete, we will soon be setting up the shelves. The process of painting the office has been quite an interesting and difficult experience. The day we went to pick up stuff at U-Pack we rented a truck and stopped at Lowes to pick up another gallon of paint. We considered starting over with a different color but we decided to stick with the paint we already had. We put the gallon of paint on the floor in the back seat. We made our way onto the on-ramp of the freeway (expressway, highway, whatever they call it here) and for those who know Justin, you know that Justin likes to take curvy on-ramps at very fast speeds. Midway through the on-ramp, we heard the paint fly to one side of the car and before we knew it the entire gallon of RED paint had opened onto the floor. Justin and I both had paint on our hands and when we pulled into a convenient store, it looked like we had killed someone in the backseat and had the blood all over our hands. We rushed to an empty parking lot, a church parking lot to be exact and began our desperate attempt to clean up the loaned Zipcar. We eventually relocated to an alley. Long story short, we came home and spent at least an hour cleaning, scrubbing and hiding the stain. Justin has not been contacted by Zipcar so we are hopeful that our cleaning has paid off. Hopefully Justin learned his lesson, and will not drive so fast on those curvy on-ramps (Ya, right!).

3 comments:

Adena said...

I'm going to make Darryl read this to hopefully avoid such a problem in the future

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that..what a mess!

Rees said...

that was suppose to be me..ethan must have been logged in..oops.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...