Sunday, August 30, 2009

Brrrrrrrr. It's Warm?

For those who read this blog, brace yourselves. I plan on complaining about the weather a lot in the upcoming months.

Why put off until tomorrow what I could do today, right? Well, let me start by saying that it has been (in my opinion) sweater weather. Since the day we arrived, we have been warned about the dreadful Chicago winter. Someone in Chicago is always talking about how mild the summer has been and the different ways in which Chicagoans take advantage of the few months of warm weather before winter.

As the rain pours, and the temperatures cool, I am already beginning to doubt my ability to survive. I am the retard who walks the streets of Chicago with my jacket fully zipped, my arms crossed all while trying really hard not to shiver. Did I mention its only been in the 60's? I was an avid complainer of the weather in Santa Barbara being cold. I was such a fool. As most of my friends and family complain about the heat in California, I am wearing layers, pulling out my jackets and making sure the jackets have hoods in the case of rain or wind.

Last night, Justin and I went to see the movie 'Moon.' We took the train to Old Town, and I could not help but notice that nobody else seemed affected by the chilly weather. People were jacket-less, some in shorts, a t-shirt and sandals (aka Justin). By the time we left the movie and finished dinner, it was dark and even chillier than a few hours prior. Again, people were walking around as though we were at the beach. Then there was me,

The fact that I am complaining about 60-degree weather in August should be an indicator of how well I will do in the winter. Of course, Justin is never sympathetic as he points out my temperature issues. I on the other hand, believe he has temperature issues! I would wear a scarf if I wouldn't be laughed at but I will patiently wait until others display their winter accessories before wearing my (already prepared) fall scarves!

Until the next chilly day...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...