Wednesday, November 12, 2008

America, Land of the Mostly Free.

I hope [to God] that one day we will look back on the matter of banning gay marriage and together as a state/country realize how ashamed we should be. Today we look back on segregation, and the banning of marriage between blacks and whites with regret and shame. It is hard to believe that such discrimination existed. The ban on gay marriage seems to be no less discriminatory. 

Most will argue that according to the [Christian] bible, marriage is to be between a man and a woman. Sorry friends, last time I checked, the Constitution clearly states the existence of separation of church and state. Everyone is not expected to follow by the moral values held by Christianity. So please, quit the "I am holier than you" act because truthfully, I am pretty tired of people accusing gays of being "lost" while telling them that their choice of lifestyle cannot be condoned. What makes this matter worse is the fact that the people who preach about how sinful a homosexual lifestyle is, completely and (oh so) easily forget that they are not so "Christian" themselves.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...