- Justin's thoughts on the GREs: "I dont know..."
We are relieved that this week has passed (and I especially because as you can see above, I have my desk space back), but unfortunately, there is much more work ahead. I will be studying for the OATs (Optometry Admissions Test) and Justin will now be preparing for the general GREs. I have recently decided that I may also take the general GREs with him. I will be taking the GREs as a precautionary backup plan in case optometry school does not work out for me this year. While applying to optometry schools, I will be applying to a vision science masters program. The curriculum is very similar to that of optometry school, and I would be able to apply again to optometry school upon completion of a masters. Graduate school is without a doubt not my ideal plan, but working at Eye and Vision Care (my current job) has only further increased my passion for vision health. And giving up optometry school entirely would be a decision I know I would live to regret for the rest of my life. So if graduate school is what it takes, I am willing.
Justin recently brought up the Peace Corp and we may look into that. It would require us to sacrifice two years but I am certain that it would be an incredibly rewarding and valuable experience. Who knows where we will end up next year!
On a more certain note, we are looking forward to finally spending a weekend in Riverside. After a month of not visiting, you can't help but miss home.
No comments:
Post a Comment