On a brighter note, this weekend was Reesa's (29th) birthday! A few of us worked hard to get everyone together in order to throw her a surprise birthday party. I never realized how difficult it is to put together a surprise party, and freeway closures due to the fire did not make it any easier. But even with missing guests, we made it work!
As Reesa got her hair done, the majority of my time was spent getting updates via text from Justin as well as Adena on when they would arrive. Everyone arrives at the house, and we are getting ready to leave the salon when Justin messages me saying that Reesa has to be looking away from the house when we arrive. This was to ensure that she would not see cars parked in the back driveway. At this point, I frantically scrambled for ideas with great uncertainty as to how I would pull this off. Luckily, as we were driving home, Reesa noticed the fencing on the street we were on and began to tell me about how her and Nate had planned to put in fencing on their property. This conversation did not last and we had moved on to a different topic as we got closer to the house. As we drove up the hill and towards the house, I blurted out the first legitimate question I could think of: "Where were you going to put that fencing?" We both looked away from the house as she began to point out where the fencing would have been placed. Mission Accomplished!
The party was a great success, a bit stressful due to the fires and not surprisingly, a blast! Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make this day so special! And Reesa, if you are reading this, we love you very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment