Believe it or not, I do a lot of thinking. While performing my responsibilities at work, I am constantly thinking about my interaction with patients, the parts of my experiences that I can write about in my personal statements and ways to strengthen my application. I just started writing (what will eventually become) my personal statement. It is in this process of putting together a demanding essay that I have discovered the difficulty in gathering my own thoughts. There is so much I want to write. There are certain ways I'd like to write things. I have many ideas, but it is proving difficult to piece them all together.
I wish Trish could pull the ideas out of my head and write the essay for me.
I am tired of thinking.
1 comment:
Oh Meesa...if only I could pry the ideas out of my own head. SO much would get done!!
Writing is work. Don't let anyone tell you different.
I leave you with a couple quotes to ponder from my wonderful new book, "Quotationary" given to me by a wonderful friend and an intelligent, insightful young woman:
"Writing came easy -- it would only get hard when I got better at it." ~ Garry Wills
"Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead." ~ Gene Fowler
Post a Comment