Monday, December 15, 2008

New York City!


Hi, My name is Meesa, and I am addicted to New York City. 


I could blame my fascination with NYC on television and movies. But I do not believe the previously stated reasons are at fault. Watching shows like Sex and the City definitely fueled my fire, but I am certain that my curiosity and obsession has rooted from my own personal desire to truly experience something different and something more.


Growing up, my family did a lot of moving. But we never left California. Moving allowed me the opportunity to experience life in different areas, but the experience itself always remained the same. Figuring everything out in the first year of residence, took all the fun out of being somewhere unknown. 

For the last several years, I have been begging Justin for a trip to NYC. Every upcoming vacation, every holiday and even every other free weekend, I find myself trying to convince Justin to take a spontaneous trip to New York with me. Unfortunately for me, Justin is responsible and realistic, and I have yet seen the light of success.


I am told that people either hate or love New York City. And there is a chance that once I experience it for myself, I will hate it. But aside from the really cold weather, I highly doubt this. 

Many of us want to visit New York, see Times Square and buy fake purses on Canal Street. So what makes me believe that I am beyond the norm and disgustingly in love with a city I have never been to? Let's find out:

  • Do you find yourself spending the majority of your free time online looking at pictures of NYC? (I do!)
  • Do you check Craigslist New York City religiously to look at apartments for rent? (Yes!)
  • Do you Google Street map different areas of the city to see what they look like? (Guilty)
  • Do you look up flights to JFK every weekend? (Semi-Guilty)
  • Do you constantly ask your friend who lives in NYC questions about his daily life? (I do.. Sorry Keith)
  • Is New York City a pre-set location on your Weather.com application on your phone? (A constant reminder of why I may not be able to survive there)
  • Do you find yourself driving your significant other crazy with non-stop New York talk? (Justin, can we pleeeeaaase go for spring break?)
  • When you shop for clothes, do you always keep the weather conditions of New York in mind? (Guilty, again)
If you answered yes to all of these questions, let's go to New York!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...