Thursday, December 25, 2008

[Very] Happy Feet

The wait is finally over! My "rodent" Christmas present is officially in my possession. I hate to admit it but Justin was absolutely right- rodent was the perfect hint! I walked in the door to find a nicely wrapped present. I opened it to find a Lenovo laptop box. I could have killed him.

side note/story: I have been a proud Mac owner for the last six years. This drives Justin absolutely nuts! Aside from religious crazed bigots, Apple products come pretty close to being his top most hated thing, EVER. In his attempt to keep me away from a Mac, he often mentions the idea of buying me a PC laptop. He knows that I would swallow my pride and evidently use the PC if it were a gift. Clever, isn't he?

Recalling the moment after seeing the Lenovo laptop box, I was somewhat disappointed. I love my Mac, and I would now be forced to neglect it due to Justin's clever manipulation. As I opened the box, I lit up inside. Inside the disappointing laptop box laid two of the most beautiful rodents I had ever seen.

I fell in love with these shoes sometime last year when they first came out. I am embarrassed to be blogging about something as materialistic as designer shoes but I adore these. While walking downtown last year, Justin and I saw these shoes at the Blue Bee Boutique window on State Street. I went in, tried them on, loved them, looked at the price and postponed my purchase in hopes that I would come back eventually to take them home. I could not justify spending that much money and never went back. Still, I found myself looking on the internet and drooling over them for as long as they were displayed in that store window. Time went by and I gave up on them, but apparently Justin did not. 

I am so unbelievably excited to wear my rodents. The wet ground from the rain may postpone my debut for a few days because I want to take extra great care of them. Water on my shoes would be quite dangerous. 


I promise to never write about a pair of shoes again. I feel incredibly silly, but I had to post because I have hyped up the "rodent" clue so badly that it deserved its own post. 

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Justin! You are the best!

2 comments:

Reesa said...

I'm so Happy you got the shoes of your dreams.

Trish said...

They ARE really cute in person...furry too, which doesn't show in the pictures.

I wish my feet were this small. If I bought these shoes they would be rats, not mice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...