Saturday, December 20, 2008

Movies

With the ending of the fall quarter, Justin and I have finally found time to watch a few movies.  

Both Justin and I gave this movie three (out of five) stars on Netflix. Justin liked Quantum better than 'Casino Royale,' where as I preferred 'Casino Royale.' Lots of random killing, blood, revenge-typical 007 joy. Go see it if you haven't already.

The two most recent movies we watched have been the most memorable for me. I mentioned 007 only because I would have felt bad leaving it out. 

We saw the preview for 'Milk' when we went to see 'Religulous.' Both Justin and I couldn't wait to see it. I knew very little about Harvey Milk. Last month, I saw an older news article on my igoogle homepage about Harvey Milk. After reading the article, I continued to google old articles for further insight on the story. I probably shouldn't have done so much research because when I saw the movie, the element of uncertainty was lost. Regardless, the movie was great and I completely understand the current hype about Sean Penn's performance in this film. After the movie, Justin brought up an interesting point. The events that took place back in Harvey Milk's time closely parallel the current battle with Proposition 8.  If the homosexual aspect of this movie is the only reason keeping you from seeing the movie, get over it! Go watch 'Milk' now!
  • Justin: four stars
  • Meesa: five stars

I could not believe it. Justin actually agreed to watching this movie. I have been wanting to see this movie for quite some time now, and I jumped on the chance to rent it while we were at Blockbuster. The details of the movie are fresh in my mind because we just watched it last night. 

If you want to sit at home and cry, while your significant other constantly comments on how stupid the movie is, I suggest you go rent it. Justin's opinion aside, I loved this movie. The acting was not the best, but even bad acting could not tare me away from the concept of the story. Regardless of what Justin claims, I think the movie choked him up a bit too. Prepare a box of kleenex and rent it soon.


  • Justin: one star, claims it was poorly directly, acted, shot and PREDICTABLE!
  • Meesa: three stars, whatever Justin!
P.S. we also saw 'Rushmore', but because it is a part of Justin's beloved Criterion Collection, I will not waste my time attempting to write about it. 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...