Tuesday, July 14, 2009

After a surprisingly brief three hour and twenty minute flight, I made it to Chicago. I contemplated taking the El to the realtor's office but because I forgot to look up the location of the realtor building in reference to an El stop, I decided to spend the money and take a cab instead. I sat in traffic for almost thirty minutes. I obtained the keys to our new condo, and the realtor had to hail me a cab because I was so confused as to what I was to do next. Sadly, I had to walk into our new home alone. I had hoped that Justin and I could walk into our first place together.. well together. When I talked to Justin upon my arrival, he was still in Missouri. They apparently had White Castle without me, and Ethan made sure to let me know that it was my own fault that I missed out on White Castle because I did not drive with them. He then later told me that he had saved me two burgers.

The apartment is as beautiful as I remembered it and I cannot wait to get our furniture in place and start decorating. In an attempt to purchase an air mattress, I walked alone to the shopping center. Not having a car is a very strange feeling. I feel so limited to where I can go. Hopefully, I figure out the public transportation soon all while working up my courage to confidently take public transportation. I made a stop at the grocery store, and like a true big city dweller, I walked my bags of groceries, a gallon of water and laundry detergent back home. I am already feeling more active in life!

Justin and Ethan should be arriving around midnight central time!

1 comment:

Adena said...

congrats! you'll be navigating the city transit in no time

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...