We have been debating over what kind of dog to get for as long as I can remember. Justin wanted a larger dog that he could wrestle with but he would settle for a french bulldog, and with some consideration even a pug. I have been deciding between a french bulldog and pug and when it came down to it, the frenchie was a bit expensive and the high maintenance of the breed was the biggest deal breaker for me since this would be our first dog together.
When I left for Chicago last Tuesday, I had no intention of becoming a new pet owner anytime soon. Justin, Ethan and I decided to run errands in Evanston and we came across a pug puppy in a store. We went inside initially to look at the fish but after asking to play with the pug, our hearts melted. We left the pet store, I bit my nails in anticipation because I really wanted the pug and we continued on with the rest of our errands. After a few hours we were back with the puppy and before we knew it, we were taking him home.
We loaded the crate in the zipcar and Ethan insisted that he sit in the back with the puppy. The driving must have scared the puppy because he started to poop. As soon as the poop hit the bottom of the crate, the chaos began. I begin freaking out because he pooped and Justin comments about the horrid smell and rolls down the window. I look back and the puppy is stepping all over his poop and spreading it throughout the entire crate. As this occurs, I look over to find Ethan gagging. I begin to yell that Ethan is throwing up, Ethan is throwing up with his hands over his mouth, Justin is yelling at Ethan to hold his throw up in his hands and I began thinking about the terrible start to our puppy's first day. The car now smells like puppy poop and Ethan's throw up and as we pull over I too am feeling my gag reflexes kick in. Ethan makes it out of the car, throws up in the parking lot and Justin and I are freaking out all while laughing because the whole situation went wrong all so fast. We cleaned up Ethan and the car and I sat in the back with poop-pup the rest of the way home.
It has only been one day of parenthood for Justin and I, and it has been nothing less than really exciting. He is extremely energetic and we hope he stays that way for awhile. We are currently trying to crate train and enforce outside potty-ing but as expected I am cleaning up puppy poop and pee in the house! Regardless, I love watching Justin with the puppy and as we both fight for position of our puppy's favorite person, we are really excited to have welcomed a new member to our family.
Pre-Poop-Throw Up-Fiasco
No comments:
Post a Comment