Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Separation

For the first time in my life, I understand what its like for a mother to be separated from her child. My first experience of separation anxiety occurred when we left Bones to explore Chicago with Ethan. The thought of my poor Bones being all alone for hours broke my heart and even though we were having a great time, I could not wait to get home. Seeing people walking their dogs made it worse as I could only think of how much fun Bones would have in the city exploring! Then came the dreaded day of leaving both Justin and Bones to head back to California for two weeks. I am terrified that Bones will not remember me when I get back and the fact that he will love Justin more than me is unsettling too! I am counting down the days, and in the meantime I am constantly calling Justin and asking about Bones. I refuse to miss out on anything that happens! The other night, I made Justin put me on speaker phone and I called out to Bones but apparently he was more intrigued by what the cell phone was than my voice at the other end.

The fact that Bones will be bigger and more adjusted to our home during my absence makes me really sad. But I am grateful that Justin is there taking great care of him. As a crazed parent who is miles and miles away, I have been spending the majority of my time looking at pet stuff online to purchase. I have finally ordered a paw print kit for Bones and mailed Justin a care package full of toys, treats and cleaning supplies. Hopefully this purchasing craze ends soon!

1 comment:

Rees said...

Meesa, don't worry Bones will not forget you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...