Friday, July 3, 2009

Unemployment

Yesterday was my last day at work. Luckily, it was a long work day and I was able to enjoy many hours at work before saying my goodbyes. My first two months at Eye & Vision Care was the most difficult as there was an overwhelming amount of information and techniques I was expected to learn. The difficulty of my job proved to be applying what I had learned during training to varying patient situations all while managing to figure out each Doctor's preference for certain things. I recall coming home from work disheartened on a regular basis because no matter how hard I tried, there was always something I did slightly incorrectly or that I had forgotten to say or do.

Eventually, I learned. But regardless of the stress I felt, or the difficulty of my day, I always walked away feeling challenged. Sure, leaving the office having messed up something was disappointing, but ending the workday knowing I had done something right outweighed any bad day. Looking back, I know that the challenges I faced pushed me to gain confidence in my ability to interact with patients while properly doing what was asked of me. It is my hope that I showed vast improvement and dedication throughout my employment. Working at Eye & Vision was not only a job opportunity. I gained valuable experience in the field of optometry and I am certain that when I begin optometry school, I will be one step ahead of some of my peers.

The Things I will miss most about EVC:
  • Thursday office meetings
  • Hearing the buzzing/paging by the doctors
  • My wonderful friends and co-workers
  • Discussions with Dr. Corby about clothes, shopping and Oliver
  • Dr. Woods and her stories about Chicago
  • Friendly patients
  • Dr. Luke putting me on the spot with challenges I do not feel prepared for
  • My BFF Lupe
  • Dr. Nomura recalling why he got behind at the end of a long day
  • Eating Mama's Bakery

I woke up today feeling incredibly unemployed. At least I can blog more now..

1 comment:

carm i l l e said...

You feel unemployed, but don't forget accomplished! You'll find a new job soon enough. Even over achievers need a break sometimes (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...