Justin, Ethan and I have spent the last two days unloading the truck, unpacking boxes and organizing the apartment. At the end of it all, I am grateful that we live on a floor that requires us to travel up one flight of stairs. On Tuesday night, I arrived first and headed from the airport to our new home. The moment of truth came, and I entered unit 107 for the first time.
I attempted to pass the time by walking around our new home, picturing where things would go. At some point, I remembered that we had a balcony that overlooked our new street, West Jarvis Avenue.
I figured, I should get a shot of the apartment before it turned into a disaster zone while unpacking. Now we can look back and remember what the apartment looked like when empty!

Then came the furniture and the boxes.
Ethan has been surprisingly helpful. Maybe it was because there was no TV or game system set up for him to play on. Regardless, he has been awesome!
Apparently, if there are no video games to be played, he can find games to play online.
Reesa, do not fear. He is not starving! I realize chocolate covered donuts are not healthy but we are happy that he is eating!
Since we are car-less at the moment with Peppy being in California we have started utilizing Zipcar. All the zipcars have names and we forgot what this one was called but the matrix did us well during our drive to Target.
And lastly, Ethan experienced his first El ride. Needless to say, he was very excited and if the subway had not been crowded, I would have taken a picture!


3 comments:
woah! i'm so jealous of your new place! and congrats on the puppy!!!
Your apartment looks great! Love Ethan's outfit.
Your apartment is awesome! I love it!
Glad to see that everything is coming together. And Ethan is having fun!
xoxo
Post a Comment