Thursday, July 30, 2009

4 days

I have four days left in California. In the last week I have been running around finalizing last minute arrangements and visiting with as many people as possible before moving. My brother and I drove down to Goleta to pack up the partial (but massive) trailer parked outside our old apartment. We managed to drag my things out of storage and load the trailer in an hour which allowed me to make my final trip downtown to State Street to do some shopping.

While shopping, I was reminded as to how close-to-perfect the weather in Santa Barbara can be. It has been over a hundred degrees in Paso Robles and strolling downtown in seventy-five degree weather was an enjoyable experience. Leaving downtown, I was sad to say goodbye to some of my favorite stores but I quickly reminded myself that such stores exist in Chicago too! I was also able to stop by work to pay a quick visit to my wonderful co-workers. I will miss working at EVC.

Four days to go and I have managed to ship my stuff, get a hair cut and say goodbye to friends. In the next four days, I will be saying goodbye to my family and heading out to begin a new adventure. As sad as I am to be leaving everything and everyone behind, I am looking forward to seeing Justin and Bones, unpacking my things and exploring Chicago!

Also, if you haven't already done so, check out Bones' blog! He rode the Subway this week!

2 comments:

Rees said...

It makes me cry..Going to miss you!

carm i l l e said...

I'm so excited for you!

But what made you choose Chicago instead of the East Coast? You didn't blog about that, did you? I think I might have missed it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...