I really hit a wall with my posting. With so much going on, I have so much to write about yet because there is so much going on, I find myself extremely behind. So here we go again.... a catch up (wow, this sounds a lot like ketchup) blog.
We finally got our bobbleheads! I will post about this momentous occasion soon.
After months of searching, I finally found a foam puck hat and bought it! Details about this will be included in the bobblehead post since it happened on the same glorious night.
We had a lot of snow this week. Fortunately, the temperature has remained at a decent 28 degrees-ish. Geordi attempted to potty yesterday and found himself drowning in snow. This became a huge problem because we could not find an area that wasn't covered with (at least) a foot of snow. Once Geordi fell in the snow he became grouchy and refused to move. Bones however, loved the fluffy snow and even though it buried most of his body also, he swam through it as if he were a snow dog.
I have recently jumped into a lot of leisure reading. Not that this is a good thing because it probably means I have too much leisure time on my hands. It started with reading The Lovely Bones because I wanted to re-read it before I saw the movie. This ended up being a quick read and having Courtney as a reading buddy made it exciting. Once I finished the book, I decided to reattempt Devil in the White City from the beginning. One of the Doctors I worked for in Santa Barbara gave me this book to read before I moved to Chicago. In the last seven months I have read the same thirty pages at least four different times. Not because it wasn't interesting but because I had very little motivation to read. I again read the first thirty pages but continued my reading. I finished it last night and I absolutely LOVED it. Best book I have read in a really long time. The best part of Devil in the White City is the fact that the book contained all historical and factual information. It was hard to believe that this book was non-fiction and until I googled it, I was convinced that I was reading a work of fiction. Since reading the book, I feel a greater connection with the city in which I live (the book is about The World's Fair in Chicago) and I have a new found respect for Chicago, its architecture and history. If you live in Chicago, I think it is a must read. Even if you don't live in Chicago, I highly recommend it.
I started reading What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell last night and I cannot wait to finish it!
2 comments:
OMG I had to force myself to not buy What the Dog Saw last time I was at BN! You will have to tell me how it is!!!
Bonni, I feel your pain. I almost bought it three times before I finally did. I'll let you know!
Post a Comment