Because I do not own a sewing machine (nor do I know how to use one), I had to hand sew everything. Although I lack most domestic skills, sewing is not one them. I sewed my own purses as a kid and my Grandma taught me everything I needed to know. I used to spend countless hours picking out fabric and sewing my own bags. Now that I am older, I am so grateful that I learned because it really paid off during my onesie-dog-shirt transformation.
So there I was at Target, looking at onesies. Instead of buying the Paul Frank ones like I originally planned, I walked through the entire toddler section, even looking through the clearance section for the cutest onesie I could find. Unfortunately, there were too many contenders and I came home with three. But before heading home, I stopped at Marshall's to see how their onesie selection was. This proved to be a mistake. By the time I made it home, I had bought five onesies.
I expected a long lecture from Justin about my new purchases. But to my surprise, he just stared at me blankly when I jokingly told him we were having a baby while holding up the onesies. I think he was more shocked that I bought onesies to make dog clothes for our dogs. He hasn't put a stop to this new hobby of mine (yet) but I think the pajama shirt I made Geordi was too much for him. It is only a matter of time before he lectures me, but until then I will press on! It is cold out and our dogs need clothes! Plus, I am saving us tons of money! It is a win-win situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment